Seychelles in May/June 2021 (Travelogue in English)

Hier können Seychellen-Reiseberichte hinterlegt werden
Bong!!!

Re: Seychelles in May/June 2021 (Travelogue in English)

Beitrag von Bong!!! »

Regarding that beach bar at Anse Caiman...

Bild
Bild
foto-k10

Beitrag von foto-k10 »

You forgotten some pictures?
I thought your travelogue was finished.
Bong!!!

Beitrag von Bong!!! »

Yes, travelogue was finished indeed. Just found this particular info worth sharing since I've touched this topic in the travelogue and haven't found it anywhere else on this site (-:
Bong!!! hat geschrieben: 14 Dez 2021 15:53 ...anyway, not spending much time there and I'm returning to Gran Anse same way. As I've planned to check the beach bar at the Anse Caiman too (-:

To my surprise, no beach bar around (-: Or, if it is, then it's well hidden. Not sure what that sign along the trail meant then. I was wondering how the beach bar at Anse Caiman would look like or where exactly it could be...
Altough I want to avoid to be judgemental about this, I must say, that it's a pity. I liked this place just how it was, quiet, peaceful and one could go for a swim too...
foto-k10

Beitrag von foto-k10 »

Bong!!! hat geschrieben: 16 Mai 2022 21:44 Altough I want to avoid to be judgemental about this, I must say, that it's a pity. I liked this place just how it was, quiet, peaceful and one could go for a swim too...
When I was at Anse Caiman, beach bar wasn't open. So it was a quiet beach, only 4 french people and a german snorkeling more outside.
foto-k10

Beitrag von foto-k10 »

Bong!!! hat geschrieben: 21 Dez 2021 00:00 On the way back, I realized that I still have plenty of time - when I'm hanging around Takamaka it might not be a bad idea to check out nearby rock pool I've heard about during previous trip. Now there's even a (not official) signpost. Trail starts near Batista and it's going through some sort of a shop through opened gate.

Beginning of the trail is well beaten, however, later it splits to some dead ends and I'm ending up at the rocks adjacent to the Batista with a nice view inside the rooms (and access too), good to know (-:
Some years before the trail starts on area of Chez Batista just behind minisuite No. 11. A sandy slope and then some concrete steps around a water barrel. Because the rock pool becomes famous, there is now a new path outside hotel area. Of course it makes the trail a little bit longer.

There a two junctions: at the fist you have to look to the right side for a pale arrow on a rock, otherwise you will end at a street and a hotel in the forest. The second junction is the one you took the right path down to Chez Batista. The left path is correct to lead you to the rock pool. But at this point you still at the beginning of the trail ...

BTW: this spring trail to Anse la Farine was clearly visible. Someone used a long knife to cut it out.
Antworten